28.400 Compact Wave Solder Machine
Designed for budget conscious assemblers with intermediate to heavy throughput requirements, Model 28.400 wave solder machine comes standard with a number of advanced features. The wave solder system features an auto-cleaning titanium finger conveyor with motorized width adjustment that handles PCBs up to 15.75" (400 mm) wide. The internal, automatic spray fluxing system includes a precision, low-pressure atomizer. The highly stable, 4.2' (1300 mm) convection preheater activates fluxes while prepping the assembly for soldering temperatures. The 28.400 wave solder machine also includes a high-capacity 370 kg (816 lbs. approximate weight for lead free solder), lead-free-ready titanium-alloy solder pot and color LCD touch-panel control, with all parts backed by a one-year warranty.
FREE SHIPPING, INSTALLATION & TRAINING
through Oct. 2016
Cannot be combined with any other discount, prior offer or sale.
|Wave Width:||410 mm (16")|
|Wave Height:||10 mm (0.4")|
|Preheat Length:||1300 mm (51")|
|Conveyor Width:||50 - 400 mm (2" - 15.75")|
|Maximum PCB Size:||450 mm (15.75") width|
|Conveyor Speed:||0.5 - 2.2 m/min (20" - 87"/min)|
|Conveyor Angle:||4° to 7° (adjustable)|
|Fluxing||Internal spray fluxer
Dual spray fluxing optional
|Solder Pot||Single lead-free pot standard
Two pots—one lead-free, one standard—optional
|Solder Capacity:||370 kg (816 lbs. approximate weight for lead free solder)|
|Solder Temperature:||Ambient - 300°C (Ambient - 572°F)|
|Control Method:||Color Touch Screen / PLC|
|Machine Dimensions:||3500 mm (138") L
1390 mm (55") W
1600 mm (63") H
|Net Weight:||990 kg (2180 lbs.)|
|Exhaust Fan Requirements:||250 cfm (Solder Pot Exhaust) 10" Diameter
Spray Fluxer Exhaust Fan built into machine
|Air Pressure Requirements:||0.4 MPa (60 psi)|
|Total Power Consumption:||220 V, 3-Phase, 50/60 Hz 23.7 KW, 70A|
- Versatility for Any Wave Soldering Application
- 28.400 can be configured with dual waves to accommodate through-hole, surface mount and mixed-technology assemblies. The chip wave can be deactivated through the user interface for non-SMT applications, although the addition of the oscillating wave option will allow the chip wave to aid in hole fill and bridge reduction for difficult-to-solder boards of all technologies.
The standard maximum wave width of 410 mm (16") can be adjusted, relative to PCB dimensions, through the use of an optional wave reducer mechanism and helps to minimize dross formation. Board interval sensing for wave activation and an energy-saving standby mode also aid in dross reduction.
The solder module is driven by two heavy-duty, transducer-controlled 1/4 HP motors to ensure precise, uniform wave heights.
One titanium-alloy lead-free-ready solder pot with a 370 kg (816 lbs Approximate weight for lead free solder) capacity comes standard with the 28.400. The solder pot is mounted to a heavy-duty, roll-out carriage assembly that allows for easy access and maintenance. For assemblers that have not entirely phased out lead-based solders, a second pot with a quick-connect socket can be added for easy conversion between lead-based and lead-free solders.
- Internal Automatic Spray Fluxer
- The 28.400 includes an automatic internal spray fluxing system in which a precision spray nozzle assembly is mounted to a reciprocating Y-axis drive mechanism to ensure even and accurate application of flux.
The system adjusts automatically to accommodate the PCB size and utilizes a high-precision, low-pressure atomizer to provide excellent coating and through-hole penetration.
Contamination can be avoided when switching flux types with the 28.400's optional dual fluxer system. Dual spray fluxers permit instant and easy switchover from one flux type to another without messy clean-ups. Two separate nozzles, two flux tanks and two lines prevent cross contamination.
- Two Independently Controlled Convection Preheating Zones
- After flux application, boards enter a two-zone high-capacity forced hot air convection preheat with independent zone temperature controls to allow precise thermal profiling for proper flux activation and optimal solder wetting as assemblies enter the wave module.
If additional profiling control is needed, or for assemblies sensitive to top and bottom side temperature differential, a top-side preheater can be added at minimal cost.
- Easy Conveyor Adjustment Reduces Setup Time and Ensures Process Repeatability
- Motorized conveyor width adjustment, from 50-400 mm (2"-15.75"), is standard on all 28.400 wave soldering equipment, dramatically reducing setup time and eliminating operator inconsistency.
An aluminum-alloy pin-type conveyor input mechanism feeds the dual-titanium-finger conveyor, which includes a built-in finger cleaner, closed-loop speed control and overload protection.
Conveyor angle is adjustable from 4° - 7° and nominal speed setting is variable from 0.5-2.2 m/min (20"-87"/min) for maximized throughput.
An optional center PCB support rail can be added to maintain planarity and to prevent sagging of oversize boards through the wave module.
- Automate Production with Inlet and Unload Conveyors
- Manncorp's WL-100M-L1 inlet conveyor and WU-120M-H1 belt unloader are specially designed for wave solder systems.
WL-100M-L1 is a fully adjustable, chain-type inlet conveyor designed for feeding assemblies up to 350 mm (13.78") wide directly into the wave solder machine. Travel speed, conveyor angle and conveyor height are all adjustable. Construction is heavy-duty aluminum.
WU-120M-H1, with its non-slip, heat-resistant belt, unloads soldered assemblies from wave soldering equipment. Height, angle and speed are adjustable. The speed is variable from 0.5-8 m/min so that PCBs are transferred smoothly and safely from the wave soldering system to operators or other handling equipment of the user's choice.
- Customer Testimonials
- “Just wanted to give you a heads-up on our new 28,400 wave solder machine. It is functioning flawlessly. My compliments." - Joseph Ragone, AA Technology. Ronkonkoma, NY, USA
“Working with Manncorp has been very positive from the information on their website, to sales, customer service, technical support and most importantly the equipment. Our last purchase, a 28.400 wave machine, was very cost competitive, had many pleasantly designed features and proved its capability from day one by successfully soldering a very challenging mixed technology assembly." Mikael Olsson, Medallion Instrumentation Systems. Spring Lake, MI, USA.
Submitting Form. Please Wait...
A new user account has been created for you and an email with your user name and password was sent to the email address you supplied.
When you close this form you will be logged in and will be able to see all pricing and request quotes or purchase products.
On future visits simply login.
You can contact us directly by phone at 215.830.1200 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.