Ultra-Dry 1490V features a spacious interior capacity of 44.1 cu. ft. (1250 L) while maintaining a compact footprint.
This cabinet is ideal for large boards and assemblies, and/or for mid-to-high volume assemblers and component or board manufacturers and distributors—or anyone who requires abundant storage capacity to maintain high-turnover inventories.
The digital display includes a data logger that records temperature and humidity measurements at user-settable intervals.
Inside dimensions are 47"W x 25"D x 64"H (1198 x 645 x 1618 mm). Five adjustable shelves and anti-static locking wheels are included.
Prevent Moisture-Related Damage and Failures
Serious defects and failures, including many that don't show up until the product is in the field, can result from improper storage of moisture-sensitive electronic components and assemblies.
Manncorp's V series desiccant cabinets eliminate these failures, along with the risk of moisture-related defects resulting from damaged or improperly resealed moisture barrier bags (MBBs).
Eliminate Ongoing Consumable Expenses
The humidity-controlled cabinets also eliminate the ongoing expense of humidity indicator cards (HICs) and desiccant bags.
Do More with Cabinets
Unlike moisture barrier bags, dry cabinets for electronics components can be used to easily protect loaded tape and stick feeders, partially assembled PCBs, and high-layer-count or class 3 bare boards.
Low-Humidity Environment for Storage
"V" series cabinets use a stand-alone thermo-hygrometer and regenerating desiccant to provide the best possible low-humidity environment for components and assemblies. These cabinets feature two or more turbo modules designed to rapidly reduce RH levels to ≤5% without the use of nitrogen or compressed air.
An RH of ≤5% is significantly lower than specified by IPC/JEDEC J-STD-033C—far more than enough to prevent moisture traces that cause microcracking, popcorning, delamination and solder joint failures.
Data Logging Included
The cabinet's digital display also functions as a data logger, allowing companies to keep and review temperature and humidity history on the cabinet. The 2-channel data logger measures both temperature and humidity inside the cabinet. Included Windows-based software provides tools for displaying and evaluating the collected data. Data reports can be printed, exported or emailed. The software allows the data logger to be configured for C or °F, sample rate, high/low alarms and data logging intervals.
Nitrogen Environment Available
Nitrogen systems are available as an option.
What if your components have already been exposed to moisture?
Don't throw them out! Their shelf life can be fully restored using a low-temperature baking cabinet. Ultra-Dry model 1490H offers the same storage capacity as the 1490V with a safe, effective low-temperature bake function added to renew exposed components.
The best performance of the dry cabinet is achieved under the ambient condition of temperature below 30°C and relative humidity below 60% RH.
Use Manncorp Ultra-Dry Storage Cabinets to Protect and Store:
- ICs and components in reels, trays, sticks, feeders or loose in bins or bags prior to placement.
- Multilayer PCBs and bare boards meant for military and other class 3, high-reliability products.
- Double-sided boards that have been partially assembled.
- Moisture-absorbing materials, such as epoxy, resins, chemicals and adhesives.
- Films and plastics used in production.
A. Start Installation
C. Door Open and Close
Door Is Opened 30 Seconds and Closed
Ultra-Dry "V" series always reaches ≤5%Rh within 30 minutes after the door is opened and closed.
Ultra-Dry 1490V includes:
- One black dry cabinet measuring 47" x 27.4" x 72" (1200 mm x 695 mm x 1820 mm) LxWxH with 44.1 cu. ft. (1250 L) internal capacity
- Six doors with compression handles and airtight magnetic sealers
- Ultra-low humidity storage of ≤5%RH
- 4 Turbo dry modules for faster drying without compressed air
- 2 anti-static wheels with brakes
- 2 standard wheels
- Anti-static paint and glass
- 5 adjustable shelves with 200-lb capacity each
- 1-year warranty
- Digital RH & temperature display with data logging function and Windows-based PC software
- Crated Dimensions: Approx. 32" L x 52" W x 79" H (800mm L x 1320mm W x 2000mm H)
- Gross Weight: Approx. 445 lbs. (200 kgs)