CR-6000 6-Zone SMT Reflow Oven
CR-6000 combines high mass heat sources with efficient thermal heat transfer to allow for excellent reflow soldering results and throughput with a shorter-than-average heating tunnel. It also includes as standard a number of advanced features, including a wide combination pin-over-mesh belt conveyor, KIC Auto Focus profile prediction software, and real-time thermal profiling.
|Lead Free Compatible||Yes|
|Tin Lead (SnPb) Compatible||Yes|
|Nitrogen Atmosphere Compatible||Optional|
|Double-Sided Board Processing||Yes|
|Heated Board Width||22.4" (570mm)|
|Mesh Belt Conveyor||Standard|
|Mesh Belt Width||22.4" (570mm)|
|Process Clearance Above Mesh Belt||2.5" (65mm)|
|Chain-Driven Pin Conveyor||Standard|
|Pin Conveyor Max. Width||17.7" (450mm)|
|Pin Conveyor Min. Width||1.97" (50mm)|
|Auto Adjust Pin Conveyor||Optional|
|Clearance Above Conveyor Pins||1.18" (30mm)|
|Clearance Below Conveyor Pins||.98" (25mm)|
|Powered Center Support||Optional|
|Automatic Chain Lubrication||Yes|
|Conveyor Speed||16-71"/min (400-1800mm/min)|
|Conveyor Height||35.4 ±0.8" (900mm ±20mm)|
|Conveyor Direction||Left to Right|
|Component Max. Height||30mm upper, 25mm lower|
|Forced Hot Air Convection||Yes|
|Number of Independently Controlled Heating Zones||12 total
6 upper, 6 lower
|Total Heated Length||80.7" (2050 mm)|
|Number of Oven Convection Motors||12 Power: 120W x 12|
|Delta T||±2° C|
|Temperature Control Accuracy||±1° C|
|PCB Temperature Tolerance||±2° C|
|Temperature Range||Ambient -350° C|
|Ramping Time (from cold start)||< 15 min|
|Profiling / Thermocouple Channels||3|
|Standard Cooling Method||Air|
|Internal Chilled Water Cooling||Optional|
|Number of Cooling Zones||1 (2 with water cooling)|
|Cooling Tunnel Length||24.4" (620 mm)|
|Number of Cooling Fans||Three 45W or one 370W|
|Operating System and User Interface|
|Windows Compatible PC||Yes|
|Touch Screen LCD||No|
|On-Screen Thermal Profiling and Parameter Setting||Yes|
|Data Logging & Event Recording||Yes|
|Alarms||Audible, Visual (Light Tower) and On-Screen Display|
|Dimensions & Physical Characteristics|
|Length||164" (4150 mm)|
|Width||59.4" (1510 mm)|
|Height||61" (1550 mm)|
|Net Weight||3329 lbs. (1510 kg)|
|Power Supply||220 VAC 3-Phase|
|Operating Power Consumption||8-14 KW|
|Start-Up Power (Sequential Start-Up Mode*)||25 KW|
|Current (Sequential Start-Up Mode*)||83A|
|Total Power (Maximum)||46 KW|
|N² Consumption||20-30 m3/h (with N² option)|
|Oxygen Density||300-1000 ppm (with N² only)|
|Number of Exhaust Vents||3|
|Exhaust Opening Size||8" diameter|
|Exhaust Venting Volume||400CFM per port|
|Conveyor & PC Power Supply||Uninterruptible Power Supply for Conveyor & PC|
|*Sequential Start-Up Mode is the default start-up mode and limits current draw during start-up.|
|Hood Opening Mechanism||Automatic Raise and Lower|
- High Quality Lead-Free Soldering Despite Shorter Heating Tunnel
- As higher temperatures and a tighter process window reduce the margin for error in lead-free reflow soldering, Manncorp's revolutionary CR Series can provide many low-, medium- and even high-volume manufacturers a reliable solution to these challenges, especially when factory floorspace and budget are considerations.
Available in either 5, 6, 8, and 10 zone models, CR Series reflow ovens are typically 20%-30% shorter in length than systems with the same number of zones and of comparable throughput, with a lower price tag to match. The key is a proprietary design featuring a combination of high mass heat sources and efficient thermal heat transfer, resulting in uniform heating and exceptional process stability despite varying loads.
- Precise Temperature Profiling
- The CR-6000's heating zone temperature controllers have an accuracy of ±1°C and, in conjunction with a high-speed blower adjacent to each heat source for maximum convection, ensure a ΔT of ±2°C across the PCB assembly. The system's diffuser design also provides low-velocity, low-turbulence air flow to prevent component shift or disturbance.
Optional thermocouples can be attached at different, critical locations on the PCB, and connect to three built-in inputs (standard) on the oven for communication with CR Series control software and accurate, real-time temperature profiling to match any solder paste manufacturer's specifications.
Included KIC Auto Focus profile prediction software takes the guesswork out of setting up new profiles: simply select your solder paste formula and process window, specify your physical characteristics, and Auto Focus returns optimal zone temperature and belt speed settings.
- Advanced Conveyor Systems Meet Virtually Any Product Specification or Production Requirement
- CR-6000 is supplied as standard with a combination 22" (570mm) stainless-steel mesh belt and adjustable-rail, pin-type conveyor system that handles PCBs up to a maximum of 17.7" (450 mm).
To eliminate the possibility of jammed or dropped PCB assemblies, all components are constructed of high-quality, high-strength, stainless steel and are built to maintain dimensional tolerances at the high temperatures of lead-free processing.
Automatic width adjustment of the pin conveyor, based on the parameter settings for specific reflow programs, is available as an option.
Conveyor speed is programmable from 16"-71" per minute (400-1800 mm) to accommodate any production requirement.
- Nitrogen Atmosphere Compatible Models Widen Lead-Free Processing Window Through Reduced Oxidation
- While the debate over air or inert reflow atmospheres continues, Manncorp, as an option, offers the CR-6000 in a nitrogen compatible configuration for manufacturers who want the flexibility for soldering in both environments.
Most experts agree that the reduction of oxygen through the introduction of an inert gas (usually N2) will allow a wider process window and provide better solder joints through reduced oxidation. The enhanced flow design of the heating chamber in the CR-6000 nitrogen-configured system lends itself to efficient heat transfer and ensures low nitrogen consumption while maintaining O2 levels between 300-1000 ppm.
- Maximum Control Over Critical Cooling Rates Required By Some Lead-Free Solders
- Because the higher liquidus temperatures required by lead-free solders approach the limits of many SMT components and PCB assemblies, more aggressive cooling is often required to reduce peak temperature exposure times. Some recent studies also indicate that cooling rates have a significant effect on solder joint grain structure.
For these reasons, an internal water-chilled recirculating cooling system option is available for the CR-6000 model and allows users to alter cooling rates to meet solder paste manufacturers recommendations to a much greater degree than is possible with the exclusive use of the standard air cooling system.
- Advanced Functionality and Process Management Capability
- Operation and control of all CR Series reflow systems is accomplished through an attractive, uncluttered user interface that features a full-screen, virtual view of the system with display of pre-set and actual zone temperatures, system status and conveyor speed.
The Windows-based oven management software includes advanced functions for temperature profiling, timed automatic startup and shutdown, audible and visual alarms, and password protection.
A PC-controller with 15" flat screen monitor, keyboard and trackball allows unlimited storage and networking capability.
All systems employ UPS battery backup to ensure removal of all product from the oven in the event of a power outage.
HOW 'AUTO FOCUS POWER' PROFILE PREDICTION WORKS:
|1. Select Your Solder Paste Formula and Process Window
The KIC Auto-Focus Power software includes a database of over 1000 different solder paste formulas from dozens of different solder paste manufacturers. Each database entry includes the manufacturer's recommended solder profile for that specific solder paste formula and identifies critical specifications (i.e. maximum ramp rate, maximum cooling rate, temperatures for preheat, soak, reflow, and peak, allowable times above those temperatures, etc., with upper and lower limits for each) that define the process window. After selecting the solder paste, users can either use the profile as is or can modify the specifications to create a process window that meets their own unique criteria.
|2. Link Your Product to the Process Window
Once the Process Window is selected (defined), the next step in using Auto-Focus is selecting the product to be soldered (or assigning a name if the product has not yet been defined). This step, in effect, links the product to the selected process window. It also links the process window and the product to the CR Series Oven data in the database. The oven data has been produced by KIC's characterization of the unique thermal properties of specific CR Series oven models as they relate to varying product sizes and processes.
|3. Define the Product's Physical Characteristics
The user now enters the average length, average width, and total weight of the product.
|4. Obtain and Confirm the Oven Settings
Auto-Focus now scans the built-in database for zone temperature/belt speed settings that produce a thermal profile that best fits within the process window when soldering a similarly sized product. By comparing that profile to the desired process window, Auto-Focus is able to estimate the PWI™ (Process Window Index); a single value that will give the user an indication of how far "within spec" the actual profile will be when using the recommended oven settings. If the PWI value is acceptable, the user can then obtain the exact temperature settings for each zone along with the belt speed.
Submitting Form. Please Wait...
A new user account has been created for you and an email with your user name and password was sent to the email address you supplied.
When you close this form you will be logged in and will be able to see all pricing and request quotes or purchase products.
On future visits simply login.
You can contact us directly by phone at 215.830.1200 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.