ULTIMA TRZ Benchtop Selective Soldering Machine
The unique and innovative design of the ULTIMA TRZ selective soldering system brings features and performance to the benchtop that, until now, could only be found in equipment twice the size and twice the cost. The TRZ includes a high-precision PCB handling system fully programmable in the X, Y, and Z axes, a compact solder pot and pump assembly with extremely responsive, programmable flow control, and a wave nozzle with integral nitrogen preheat; features that guarantee fast, consistent, high-quality soldering of through-hole components to SMT boards.
QUESTIONS? TEXT OR CALL
- Chris Ellis 215-869-8374
- EAST COAST
- Ed Stone 215-808-6266
- WEST COAST
- ULTIMA SSP:
- ULTIMA SSP Benchtop Selective Fluxing Machine + $29995.00
- 2.5 mm ID round nozzle + $895.00
- 3.0 mm ID round nozzle + $895.00
- 4.0 mm ID round nozzle + $895.00
- 5.0 mm ID round nozzle + $895.00
- 6.0 mm ID round nozzle + $895.00
- 7.0 mm ID round nozzle + $895.00
- 8.0 mm ID round nozzle + $895.00
- 9.0 mm ID round nozzle + $895.00
- 10.0 mm ID round nozzle + $895.00
- 12.0 mm ID round nozzle + $895.00
- 14.0 mm ID round nozzle + $895.00
- 16.0 mm ID round nozzle + $895.00
- 14.0 mm ID round nozzle + $895.00
- 20.0 mm ID round nozzle + $895.00
- 14 mm x 55 mm square nozzle for rework + $895.00
- Bottom-side witness camera (non-retrofittable) + $2495.00
- Scanner input and Gerber data conversion software + $3995.00
- Low-level solder alarm (non-retrofittable) + $1995.00
- Weekly timer for auto startup/shutdown + $1495.00
Highly Responsive Solder Pump for Precise Wave Control
This close-up shows the precision and uniformity of the wave shape as the molten solder flows out of the top of the nozzle. The TRZ's highly responsive solder pump allows precise and virtually instantaneous control of wave height and solder volume by varying the pump speed (rpm) and acceleration/deceleration (rpm/s). To prevent oxidation, an exclusive nitrogen micro-heater, controllable to 400°C, is located within the hood surrounding the wave nozzle. Close proximity of the heater to the nozzle ensures a stable wave temperature as nitrogen flows through the hood and shrouds the molten solder joint.
Solder Connectors with Parallel Rows of Pins in a Single Pass
For higher throughput, tandem rows of multiple leads can be soldered in a single pass, provided that the use of a nozzle with a sufficiently large I.D. or width is used. Custom rectangular-shaped wave nozzles are also available upon special request. For assistance in selecting the proper nozzle size and shape, please submit a PCB sample to your Manncorp sales or customer service representative.
Wide Variety of Quick-Change Nozzles Available
A wide range of round-shaped nozzles are available with inside diameters across 2.5 mm (0. 1") to 20 mm (0.79"). The highly-polished stainless steel surface allows smooth laminar flow of the wave over the nozzle surface for highly-stable wave form and extremely stable wave temperature. The inside diameter of the nozzle controls the overall diameter of the wave. The optimum nozzle size for a particular application is a function of the area to be soldered, the proximity of adjacent components, and the desired throughput.
Compact Solder Pot Slides In and Out for Easy Maintenance
The ULTIMA TRZ's unique compact design allows the 16 kg solder pot and pump module to remain stationary during operation while the programmable PCB positioner moves the board over the wave nozzle in the X, Y, and Z axes. The module is easily accessible for loading of bars or pellets and slides in and out in seconds for routine maintenance. A low solder level alarm and an automatic solder feeder are available as options.
View and Record Live Video of Soldering Operations
An optional high-definition witness camera with adjustable LED lighting, located below the PCB positioner and focused at the top of the nozzle, allows operators to view and record soldering operations in real-time.
Generate Program Data From PCB Scans or Gerber Data Import
The Windows®-compatible software accepts direct numeric data input for easy offline program creation on any PC or laptop. Programs can also be created via Gerber data import or even scanned JPEG images of PCBs (as shown in this screen capture) with optional software. Soldering functions can be defined as lines or points using an easy to use visual editor. Programs are then downloaded to the system via USB connection. Programs created for the ULTIMA TRZ are also easily converted to selective fluxing programs that can also be downloaded to the ULTIMA SSP selective fluxing unit.
Wave Simulation Mode Checks Solder Coverage Area
After the soldering coordinates have been entered, a handy wave width simulation mode allows the user to check the wave coverage area, based on the nozzle size selected for the individual lines and points.
Editable Parameters for Complete Control of All Soldering Functions
Data entered via the visual editor or Gerber data import is automatically arranged in a tabular format (as shown in this screen capture). The powerful TRZ software provides a wide variety of editable parameters for each soldering step that ensures perfect, repeatable soldering every time. Users can edit the default parameters for control of Z-axis dip height, preheat dwell, X-Y speed, pump flow (rpm), and acceleration/deceleration (rpm/s); parameters critical to the prevention of bridging, icicling, and other defects. The TRZ software also automatically calculates the amount of time required for the completion of each soldering program.
Easy Import and Conversion of Gerber Data Into Soldering Programs
When Gerber data is imported via the optional software, the PCB image is automatically drawn on the visual editor screen. From here, the user can easily choose the pads to be soldered and can define them as individual points or convert selected groups of pads into continuous lines.
Selective Fluxing System Supports Up to 3 TRZs
The ULTIMA SSP selective fluxing system, (available as an accessory and shown here beside an ULTIMA TRZ), utilizes a high-precision, pressurized air atomization nozzle and an X-Y drive mechanism with programmable speed to provide highly controllable fluxing in support of up to three ULTIMA TRZ selective soldering systems.
|PCB HOLDER AND X-, Y-, Z-AXIS DRIVE MECHANISM|
|Maximum PCB Size||330 mm x 250 mm (13" x 10")|
|Minimum PCB Size||50 mm x 50 mm (2" x 2")|
|PCB Thickness||0.8 mm - 2.0 mm (0.032" - 0.080")|
|Maximum PCB Weight||2 kg (4.4 lbs.) including components;
4 kg (8.8 lbs.) capacity optional
|Component Lead Length||3 mm (0.12") recommended maximum|
|Component Height (Top Side)||50 mm (2") maximum above PCB top side|
|Component Height (Bottom Side)||25 mm max|
|PCB Edge Clearance||3 mm (0.12") for components
5 mm (0.20") for solder pad edge
|SOLDER WAVE AND BATH|
|Solder Types||Both Lead-Free and Conventional Sn/Pb Solders;
Second Separate Solder Pot Recommended
When Using Both Types
|Wave Diameter||Nozzle Dependent Based on Inner Diameter
(2.5, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 12.0,
14.0, 16.0, 20.0 mm Inner Diameter Nozzles Available)
|Solder Wave Height||4 mm (0.16") maximum|
|Solder Wave Height Adjustment||Controlled by Pump Motor RPM|
|Solder Wave Height Accuracy||±0.3 mm (±0.012")|
|Solder Capacity||Approx. 16 kg (35 lbs.)|
|Solder Melting Method||Indirect Heating with Cartridge Heaters|
|Solder Temperature||Ambient to 300°C|
|Solder Melt Time at Startup||Approx. 30 min.|
|Program Storage||Internal Memory for 50 Files, 200 Steps Per File;
Unlimited Off-Line Storage with PC Connected
via USB Port and Windows®-Based Software
|User Interface||Touch Screen LCD Display Base;
Windows®-Based Software for
Off-Line Programming and Data Transfer
|Machine Dimensions||940 mm L x 620 mm W x 442 mm H
(37" x 24.5" x 17.4")
|Machine Weight||120 kg (264.5 lbs.)
Including 16 kg (35 lbs.) Solder Capacity
|Power Source||200-220 VAC, Single Phase, 50/60 Hz, 4 KVA|
|Nitrogen Supply||0.4 - 0.5 MPa (60-75 psi); 25 l/min (0.9 CFM)|
ULTIMA TRZ Features
- Eliminates Time-Consuming Hand Soldering Operations and Expensive Wave Soldering Fixtures; Reduces the Risk of Component Overheating and PCB Damage
- High-Precision X-Y-Z-Axis Drive Moves PCB Over Stationary Solder Pot, Allowing a Compact, Bench-Top Design Weighing Less Than 120 kg (265 lbs.)
- Flexible PCB Holder with Quick-Release Cam-Locks for Fast Loading and Unloading, Handles Boards Up to 330 mm x 250 mm (13" x 10")
- Integral Wave Nozzle Hood, with Built-In Micro-Preheater Controllable to 400 °C, Shrouds Soldering Site with Inert Nitrogen and Prevents Oxidation
- Bottom-Side Witness Camera Option for Real-Time Video Inspection of Soldering Process via USB Connection
- Fully Programmable Point-to-Point or Drag Solder Functions, Variable Solder Pump Speed and Wave Height Control, and a Wide Variety of Dip Height and Dwell Parameter Settings
- Windows™-Based Software for Off-Line Programming, Data Transfer, and Unlimited Program Storage via USB Connection
- Optional Software for Fast Program Generation via Gerber Data Import or Scanned PCB Image
- Nozzle Diameters From 2.5 mm to 20 mm (0.1" to 0.79")
- Designed for Both Lead-Free and Conventional Sn/Pb Solders
Benchtop Selective Fluxing Machine
- High-Precision, Pressurized Air Atomization Nozzles and Programmable X-Y Drive Mechanism for Highly Controllable Selective Fluxing
- Utilize Selective Soldering Data From TRZ to Generate Selective Fluxing Programs; Easily Download Data to SP Fluxer Using Windows™-Based Software and USB Interface
- Flexible PCB Holder Handles Boards or Pallets Up to 330 mm x 250 mm (13" x 10")
- Support Three or More TRZ Selective Soldering Systems with a Single SSP Fluxer
- Keep Overspray and Sticky Flux Residue Away From Selective Soldering Equipment to Simplify Maintenance and Reduce Downtime
- Weight Less Than 45 kg (100 lbs.)
- Built-In Flux Reservoir with Hi-Level/Low-Level Alarms
- Integral, 97 mm Diameter (4") Port for Connection to Factory Exhaust
Separate Fluxing Station Provides Important Advantages
The ULTIMA SSP handles boards or pallets up to 330 x 250 mm (the same size as the TRZ) and utilizes a high-precision, pressurized air atomization nozzle and X-Y drive mechanism with programmable speed for highly controllable selective fluxing. Among the many advantages of separating soldering and fluxing operations into separate machines are 1) the ability to keep overspray and sticky flux residue away out of the soldering mechanism and PCB positioner, 2) simplified maintenance, and 3) increased throughput by allowing soldering and fluxing to be performed simultaneously (in fact, a single SSP can serve as many as three TRZ systems).
Precision Spray Nozzle Delivers Precise, Uniform, Flux Application
The precision spray nozzle used in the ULTIMA SSP is capable of delivering round or very thin linear spray patterns with a very small amount of liquid flux. Independent pressure controls for its integral flux reservoir and atomizer allow the user to regulate the volume and density of the spray jet.
Selective Fluxing Programs Easily Generated From Soldering Data
Soldering programs for the TRZ are easily converted to selective fluxing programs by the ULTIMA Series software application and downloaded to the SSP via USB connection.