RW1500 SMT / BGA Rework Station
RW1500's precision control ensures safe and repeatable removal, alignment, placement, and soldering of BGAs, CSPs, ultra-fine-pitch QFPs, and other delicate, heat-sensitive, and expensive SMDs. With high-precision, motorized X, Y, and Z-axes, rapid IR underheating, precision control of hot air flow, and advanced optical alignment, RW1500 ensures high product quality even when working with the most complex assemblies.
QUESTIONS? TEXT OR CALL
- Chris Ellis 215-869-8374
- EAST COAST
- Ed Stone 215-808-6266
- WEST COAST
- Topside nozzle 5 mm x 5 mm for RW series + $250.00
- Topside nozzle 8 mm x 8 mm for RW series + $250.00
- Topside nozzle 9 mm x 9 mm for RW series + $250.00
- Topside nozzle 12 mm x 12 mm for RW series + $250.00
- Topside nozzle 15 mm x 15 mm for RW series + $250.00
- Topside nozzle 18 mm x 18 mm for RW series + $250.00
- Topside nozzle 20 mm x 20 mm for RW series + $250.00
- Topside nozzle 21 mm x 21 mm for RW series + $250.00
- Topside nozzle 204mm x 24 mm for RW series + $250.00
- Topside nozzle 26 mm x 26 mm for RW series + $250.00
- Topside nozzle 28 mm x 28 mm for RW series + $250.00
- Topside nozzle 31 mm x 31 mm for RW series + $250.00
- Topside nozzle 34 mm x 34 mm for RW series + $250.00
- Topside nozzle 36 mm x 36 mm for RW series + $250.00
- Topside nozzle 38 mm x 38 mm for RW series + $250.00
- Topside nozzle 41 mm x 41 mm for RW series + $250.00
- Topside nozzle 44 mm x 44 mm for RW series + $250.00
- Topside nozzle 48 mm x 48 mm for RW series + $250.00
- Topside nozzle 50 mm x 50 mm for RW series + $250.00
The Industry’s Most Versatile Rework System
Remove, align, place, and solder BGAs, CSPs, ultra fine pitch QFPs, and other delicate heat-sensitive and expensive SMDs on single-layer, multi-layer, dense, or complex assemblies without damage to the board or adjacent components. The RW1500 rework station’s versatile board holding system accommodates virtually any surface mount or mixed-technology PCB assembly up to 21.6” x 18.5” (550 mm x 470 mm).
High Definition, Split Vision Optics for Alignment Precision
Crisp images of the component’s leads and the board’s pads are superimposed on a high definition display at a zoom factor of up to 230x, making visual alignment easy and precise for the smallest chip components through the largest fine-pitch QFPs and BGAs. This is thanks to the rework station’s 1.3 million pixel split-vision CCD camera, two independently controlled lighting sources, and a 15” HD display. Panning of the camera is controlled with the joystick, while fine adjustment of zoom and focus are performed via the adjacent panel controls.
Alignment of leads to pads is performed using fine micrometer adjustment of the PCB holder in the X and Y axes, and angular alignment of the component via rotational controls on the main panel.
To ensure the component touches down right where the operator has aligned it, the RW1500 features high-precision drift-free camera calibration that translates to a positional/placement accuracy of ±0.01 mm between the component alignment position (where the pick-up head is in the raised Z-axis position) and component placement (where the pickup head is in the lowered Z-axis position).
From the moment alignment is set, the rework system takes over. The camera retracts automatically, the leadscrew-driven Panasonic servo drive carefully lowers the component onto the pads, and the soldering process begins. When the soldering process is complete, an alarm sounds, and the upper heater returns to its home position. All that’s left to do is remove the assembly from the holder.
Advanced Air/N2 Flow and Heater Control
The RW1500 rework station uses separate pressure regulators and flow controllers for the top and bottom ceramic honeycomb heaters to provide the most accurate and reliable results on the smallest of components, such as 0201 and 01005 chips. With complete control over airflow, shifting is virtually eliminated, ensuring tiny chips are soldered exactly where they’ve been placed.
The top and bottom heaters also feature self-tuning PID temperature control for ±3° accuracy during reflow. Thermal profiles are fully programmable for heating rate, target temperature, dwell time, and cooling for each of up to seven segments for both top and bottom heating, allowing you to create thermal profiles that meet solder paste manufacturer specs.
For preheating, a large, multi-zone preheater also gives you more control: its five zones can be independently activated or deactivated to fit individual job requirements, cutting energy costs for rework of smaller boards.
More Advanced Features
A process viewing camera, included with each RW1500 system, allows side angle views of the soldering/desoldering process to be displayed on the monitor. The camera and lighting can be adjusted so that close-up views of reflow can be observed.
An input for nitrogen allows you to prevent oxidation in mission critical rework applications. Air and nitrogen can be switched instantly through the RW1500’s software.
Four integrated thermocouple inputs allow for real-time temperature recording, profile analysis, and fine tuning.
The system’s touch screen controller slides into the system’s base for safe storage.
- PCB Size (Minimum)
- 0.6" x 0.79"(15x20 mm)
- PCB Size (Maximum)
- 18.5" x 21.6" (470x550 mm)
- Component Size
- 01005 Chips to 80 mm x 80 mm
- IR Under-Heater
- Max. Heat Area - 300 mm x 460 mm (5000 W)
- Component Heater (Top Side)
- Hot Air (800 W)
- Component Heater (Bott. Side)
- Hot Air (800 W)
- Temperature Control
- K-Type Thermocouple; Closed Loop
Utility Specifications /
- Main Power Source
- 220 V / 50/60 Hz
- Total Power Consumption
- 6.6 KW Max.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 760 mm x 850 mm x 950 mm
(not including LCD display)
(30" x 33.5" x 37.4")
- Net Weight
- Approx. 309 lbs (140 kg)