MC889 Ultra High Speed Pick & Place
The MC889 is specially designed for the fast and highly precise loading of large batch sizes. This pick and place machine is equipped with an optical centering, "Vision on the Fly" system that guarantees the best possible measurement of SMD components (such as 0201, SOIC, PLCC, BGA, µBGA, CSP & QFP, as well as odd-shaped components) while completing placement at rates of 20,000 CPH.
QUESTIONS? TEXT OR CALL
- Chris Ellis 215-869-8374
- EAST COAST
- Ed Stone 215-808-6266
- WEST COAST
- MC-889 3-STAGE:
- MC-889 3-stage inline conveyor for PCBs to 650 mm long + $5995.00
- 32-Port Feeder Base for MC Series + $2995.00
- 48-Port Feeder Base for MC Series + $3495.00
- DP-4 head-mounted dispenser + $3495.00
- XD01 Precision Dispenser - down to .3mm dot size - requires DP-4 + $9995.00
- Camera upgrade for on-the-fly 01005 alignment + $2495.00
- Base-mounted camera for 01005 alignment + $4995.00
- Tape Feeder for 8 mm tapes, max. 3.3 mm tape thickness + $745.00
- KFTA3D-8MM SW:
- Tape Feeder for 8mm tapes w/ small window for better performance on 0201/0402 components + $795.00
- Tape Feeder for 12 mm tapes, max. 7 mm tape thickness + $925.00
- Tape Feeder for 16 mm tapes, max. 12 mm tape thickness + $1325.00
- Tape Feeder for 24 mm tapes, max. 12 mm tape thickness + $1525.00
- Tape Feeder for 32 mm tapes, max. 12 mm tape thickness + $1725.00
- Tape Feeder for 44 mm tapes, max. 12 mm tape thickness + $1825.00
- Tape Feeder for 8 mm tapes, max. 3.3 mm tape thickness + $695.00
- KFTA2-8MM HS:
- Tape Feeder for 8mm tapes w/ small window for better performance on 0201/0402 components + $845.00
- Tape Feeder for 12 mm tapes, max. 7 mm tape thickness + $895.00
- Tape Feeder for 16 mm tapes, max. 12 mm tape thickness + $1295.00
- Tape Feeder for 24 mm tapes, max. 12 mm tape thickness + $1495.00
- Tape Feeder for 32 mm tapes, max. 12 mm tape thickness + $1695.00
- Tape Feeder for 44 mm tapes, max. 12 mm tape thickness + $1795.00
- Cut strip holder - Ten 8 mm lanes + $595.00
- Cut strip holder - Seven 12 mm lanes + $695.00
- Cut strip holder - Six 16 mm lanes + $895.00
- Cut strip holder - Four 24 mm lanes + $995.00
- Cut strip holder - Three 12 mm lanes - Two 16mm lanes - One 24mm lanes + $695.00
- Universal IC/Tube Feeder - 5 lanes + $2495.00
- Universal IC/Tube Feeder - 10 lanes + $3295.00
- Universal IC/Tube Feeder - 20 lanes + $4495.00
- Waffle Tray + $625.00
- Offline storage feeder cart - holds up to 64 feeders + $3495.00
- Bar code reader for fast feeder programming + $295.00
- Offline smart feeder programmer + $2495.00
2 CAMERA OPTIONS FOR A RANGE OF COMPONENTS
Using a sophisticated camera and prism mechanism, components from 0.6 x 0.3 mm to 16 x 14 mm are measured directly on the head – eliminating the trip to the stationary camera. Components larger than 16 x 14 mm are measured using the "bottom vision" camera. With this additional stationary camera, component sizes up to 50 x 50 mm can be placed (with 01005 resolution [0.3 x 0.2mm] available as an option).
SUPER QUICK PLACEMENT RATES
Increase your turnover speeds with this 20,000 CPH (18,500 CPH [IPC 9850]) pick and place. It is optimized to provide both high accuracy and high placement rates. The MC889 Ultra-High-Speed Pick & Place machine will quickly place:
- & even more parts.
HIGH FEEDER CAPACITY (8MM)
This machine can be equipped with an array of different feeder units, from automatic tape feeders to IC trays. The machine can handle up to 160 tape feeders and up to 3 waffle trays. The full placement area (without a conveyor) is 650 x 460 mm. By adding in a conveyor, the area will be a still spacious 650 x 440 mm.
The software on this equipment is Windows 10, ensuring a short learning curve for operators. Different methods are available for programming, tailoring the machine to your needs with Teach-In, CAD conversion, and/or a barcode scanning system.
|Number of Placement Heads||6|
|Placement Rate (IPC-9850)*||20,000 CPH, 18,500 CPH|
|Placement Accuracy||+/- 0.03 mm|
|Minimum Component Size||0201 (01005 optional)|
|Maximum Component Size||50x50 mm|
|Maximum Component Lead Pitch||0.3 mm (0.012")|
|BGA/CSP Placement Capability||Yes - Standard|
|Alignment Method||Dual-Vision Alignment System|
|Pick Up Specifications|
|Number of Tools||15|
|Accepts Additional Tool Changers||Yes|
|PCB Loading Method||Manual loading in batch / standalone
3-stage inline conveyors (optional)
|Maximum Placement Area||650 x 440 mm (25.6" x 17.3") w/ conveyor
650 x 460 mm (25.6" x 18.1") w/o conveyor
|Fiducial Recognition /
|Bad Mark Detection||Yes|
|Maximum Number of Feeder Ports||96 with inline conveyor
160 batch configuration w/ feeders on four sides
|Maximum Number of Waffle Trays||Dependent on PCB size|
|Operating System||Windows® Based|
|PC, Keyboard, Mouse||Yes|
|Numeric Data Entry||Yes|
|Step and Repeat for Matrix Boards||Yes|
|Bar Code Reader for Feeders & Packaging||Yes|
|MIS and Optimization Functions||Yes|
|X-Y Axis Drive Mechanism||Ball Screw|
|X-Y Axis Drive Motors||AC Servo|
|X-Y Axis Encoding||Rotary|
|X-Y Axis Resolution||0.005 mm (0.0002")|
|Z Axis Drive Motor||AC Servo|
|Z Axis Encoding||Rotary|
|Z Axis Resolution||0.01 mm (0.0004")|
|θ Axis Drive Motor||DC Servo|
|θ Axis Encoding||Rotary|
|θ Axis Resolution||0.09°|
|θ Axis Range of Motion||360°|
(Approx. L x W x H)
|1480 x 1340 x 1470 mm
(58" x 53" x 57")
|Approx. Net Weight||1100 kg (2425 lbs.)|
|Standard Voltage||220 VAC, 3 Phase, 20 Amps|
|Air Pressure||75 psi, max 500L/min|
|Service and Support|
|Warranty (Major Components)||1 Year
Because feeder management and control software is included as part of the MC series pick & place software, smart feeding is standard on every MC series pick & place machine. A wide range of affordable, efficient and reliable smart tape and stick feeders are available, as well as waffle tray and cut tape strip holders.
SMART TAPE FEEDERS
- High-precision design
- Ultra-smooth electronic actuation and tape advance
- Prevent feeders from being loaded in the wrong ports
- Built-in memory modules and COM ports
- Smart data linking optimizes setups, speeds job changes
- Bar codes can be used for quick data entry and verification
Innovative Feeder with a Built-in Display
Information is stored directly, and constantly updated, within this new feeder. The OLED screen allows operators to review component quantities on reels, feeder slot locations, part numbers, part values, and more – all while the machine is in-use or offline. Being able to view this vital information on the feeder itself adds an extra level of insurance that the correct parts will be placed accurately from the onset, fixing problems before reaching the inspection stage.
- Component reel information is now stored/updated in the feeder.
- OLED displays allow for easy monitoring of the component consumption status.
- The feeder has an internal battery, so data will always be available in both online (connected to machine) and offline (standalone) modes.
- Vision library names are displayed (for example 0201, SOIC16, QFP44, etc.) and the feeder stores the lot & date codes of components.
Slim Design Maximizes Capacity
Manncorp MC series Smart tape feeders set a new standard for accurate, dependable and economical SMD presentation. The slim-profile design of these smart feeders maximizes the number of feeders that can be mounted in the space available on the pick and place machine.
Unique IDs Access Relevant Feeder Data When Feeder Is Plugged In
Each smart tape feeder has a DB-9 interface connector on its front end. The DB-9 plugs into any MC series smart feeder base to allow communication between the MC series control software and the memory module that's built into each feeder. The memory module stores a unique feeder ID number that, as soon as the feeder is plugged into a base, instantly links it with its relevant data: assigned feeder position (port), feeder size and type, component value, lot code, date code, starting quantity, index increment, and package type.
Automatic Index Adjustment Prevents Pick-up Errors
MC series pick & place machines can use vision to calculate the offset of the component tape from the taught pickup position and index the tape feeder forward or backward accordingly. This feature is especially useful when reloading a feeder with a new reel where the alignment of the tape pocket position is slightly off from the position of the previous reel. If pickup errors associated with loose tolerances between components and tape pockets are a problem, this feature can be set to check and index on every pickup for the feeders with the problem tape reels.
Full Range of Feeder Sizes
Smart tape feeders are available in 8 mm to 72 mm widths with programmable tape index settings from 2 mm to 36 mm. Variable tape index settings, from 16 mm to 26 mm, can also be stored in the smart feeder memory modules. This is particularly useful for 32 mm through 72 mm tape widths when extra component length requires more than the standard 4 mm, 8 mm or 12 mm tape index. Storing these setting in the memory module ensures that the settings will be used for that feeder regardless of where it is loaded—even if it is loaded on a different machine.
Smart Tape Feeder Carts for Storage and Off-Line Kitting
Transport, store, and protect your valuable Smart Tape Feeders with the sturdy, dual-tiered Smart Tape Feeder Storage Carts. The model FR-ST64 (shown) holds as many as 64 individual 8 mm Smart Tape Feeders. This handy accessory can be wheeled easily from the kitting area to the production floor and organizes feeder handling for quick and efficient setup and changeover. The heavy-duty tubular construction holds each feeder securely and shields them from impact as they move around the assembly floor.
Tape Feeder Specifications
These tape feeders work with all Manncorp MC series pick and place machines.
|Model #||Tape Size||Minimum Index Step||Maximum Tape Thickness||Feeder Base Port Positions Occupied||Feeder Slot Pitch|
|KFTA2-8MM HS||8 mm||2 mm||3.3 mm||1||13.3 mm|
|KFTA2-8MM||8 mm||4 mm||3.3 mm||1||13.3 mm|
|KFTA2-12MM||12 mm||4 mm||7.0 mm||2||13.3 mm|
|KFTA2-16MM||16 mm||4 mm||12.0 mm||2||13.3 mm|
|KFTA2-24MM||24 mm||4 mm||12.0 mm||3||13.3 mm|
|KFTA2-32MM||32 mm||4 mm||12.0 mm||3||13.3 mm|
|KFTA2-44MM||44 mm||4 mm||12.0 mm||4||13.3 mm|
|KFTA2-56MM||56 mm||4 mm||12.0 mm||5||13.3 mm|
|KFTA2-72MM||72 mm||4 mm||12.0 mm||6||13.3 mm|
|KFTA3D-8MM SW||8 mm||2 mm||3.3 mm||1||15 mm|
|KFTA3D-8MM||8 mm||2 mm||3.3 mm||1||15 mm|
|KFTA3D-12MM||12 mm||4 mm||7.0 mm||1||15 mm|
|KFTA3D-16MM||16 mm||4 mm||12.0 mm||2||15 mm|
|KFTA3D-24MM||24 mm||4 mm||12.0 mm||3||15 mm|
|KFTA3D-32MM||32 mm||4 mm||12.0 mm||3||15 mm|
|KFTA3D-44MM||44 mm||4 mm||12.0 mm||4||15 mm|
|KFTA3D-56MM||56 mm||4 mm||12.0 mm||5||15 mm|
|KFTA3D-72MM||72 mm||4 mm||12.0 mm||6||15 mm|
SMART STICK FEEDERS
- Universal design adjust to virtually any SMD length, width, or tube packaging dimensions
- Available with 10 or 20 lanes
- Mount directly on MC series smart feeder bases, alongside smart tape feeders
- Memory modules link feeder lanes to specific component data
Universal Stick Feeders for Flexibility
Manncorp smart stick feeders can be positioned directly adjacent to Manncorp smart tape feeders and, like the tape feeders, are able to communicate with the MC series software via DB-9 interface connectors that plug into the smart feeder base. The memory modules store unique ID numbers that link the individual lanes in the feeder hardware with relevant feeder data, including assigned feeder position, component data, belt indexing increments, and on/off time control settings for the vibratory/gravity feed portion of the feeder.
Tape Feeder Specifications
These tape feeders work with all Manncorp MC series pick and place machines.
|Model #||Max. Number of Sticks/Tubes||Vibratory/Gravity Feed Zones||Feeder Base Port Positions Occupied|
- Included as standard with all MC series pick and place machines
- Automatic component quantity tracking
- Feeder position verification
- Position scanning for fast changeover
- Quick-change feeder locations
- Cut out manual data entry
Automatic Component Quantity Tracking
The software also tracks the number of components used, updating each feeder's memory module at the end of the production run with the quantity remaining on the reel (based on the number of pickups). This value, like the feeder ID, is retained with the feeder even after the feeder has been removed from the feeder base. When that feeder is loaded for new—or even a different—production run, the component quantity will be read from the smart feeder back into the assembly program so that an accurate component count can continue.
Feeder Position Verification
When using optimized feeder positions (a feature included in the MC series software), smart feeder IDs can be verified against feeder position data to ensure that the correct feeders are in the correct connector ports.
Position Scanning for Fast Changeover
When optimized feeder positions are not used, the system can automatically scan the loaded feeders for their IDs and inform the assembly program of each pick-up's feeder location.
Quick-Change Feeder Locations
If the operator, for whatever reason, has to position the smart feeders in a different arrangement on the machine or doesn't want to reposition smart feeders that are used in consecutive production runs, the Change Feeder Location Function can be used to import the new feeder ID data into the pick and place file.
Cut Out Manual Data Entry
An optional bar code reader can make quick work of reading and entering component data, including value, lot code, date code and starting quantity, directly from the reel or other packaging.
WAFFLE TRAYS & CUT STRIP HOLDERS
- MC series pick and place machines feature large, open work areas that accept a variety of holders for trays and cut tape strips
TS-1 Tray Holder
TS-1 tray holder occupies approximately 13" x 5.5" (330 mm x 140 mm) of work area and is designed to hold a standard 12.4" x 5.35" (316 mm x 136 mm) JEDEC Matrix Tray or up to two cut strip tape holders. The TS-1 provides adjustability for a wide variety of smaller matrix tray and waffle pack combinations and can easily be modified for custom tray configurations.
CST Cut Strip Tape Holders for Short Lengths of Taped Components
CST Cut Strip Tape Holders are a handy accessory for presenting components that are supplied in short lengths of tape due to their low quantity of usage or to prevent the waste of components in sections of tape that are too short to be loaded into tape feeders. This photo shows standard holders for 8 mm, 12 mm, 16 mm and 24 mm tapes. Other sizes are available upon special request.